Young Writers’ Programme Opportunities
Moniack Mhor has an extensive programme for young people. No matter what stage you are at with your writing or what age you are, we can help.
How to get involved –
- Residential courses – Take time out to write and meet other creative young people in a beautiful, cosy setting.
- The ‘Written World’ – Explore the lush Abriachan Forest, then use the inspiration to write.
- Writing Clubs – Make writing social by starting a club near you.
- Steering group – Shape the future of the Young Writers’ Programme by sharing your voice.
- Mentoring – Work one-to-one with a published writer to glean advice and learn tricks of the trade.
- Work experience & Volunteering (from the age of 14 upwards) – Gain valuable work skills and experience life in an arts career.
- Activity Agreements & Personal Learning Plans – Piece together a personal activity programme to move toward your writing goals.
- Pathways to Further Learning – Learn what options you have within Scotland’s thriving writing community.
- Young Writers Online – Join a budding online community of young writers who share their work and writing experiences. Published authors will regularly review writing, post exercises and advice.
- Visit our blog to find out about our weekly newsletter and inspiring writing exercises
If you are interested in finding out more, please email our Youth Programme Manager, Kelsey, with some information about yourself.
ESOL Classes, InvernessHighlife Highland run a variety of ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) classes for all ages and abilities. Classes will suit: Pre-Beginner – No English Beginner – Some basic English communication skills Access ...
Pulteneytown People’s ProjectPulteneytown People’s Project (PPP) is a community group which provides services and support for everyone in East Caithness. From newborn babies to senior citizens, PPP offers classes, groups and programmes aimed at helping people reach...
Nurturing Talent – Time to Shine FundCreative Scotland’s 'Nurturing Talent – Time to Shine Fund' aims to support young people aged 14-20 who are interested in developing their skills in one of the following areas: Drama Dance Music Film Visual Arts...
College Applications - BKSB AssessmentMost Further Education colleges assess every learner’s ability in English and Maths when they begin their course or apprenticeship. As part of the application process to College you may be asked to undertake an on-line...
Barnardo's Work ClubBarnardo's work club is for people aged 16 to 24 only. Job Shop every Thursday from 2.30 to 4.30. Help to make/update a CV or help with interview preparations. Job Search drop in from 3.3...
Highlife Highland: Adult Learning (Literacies): LochaberFree confidential tuition is provided on a one to one or small group basis to improve skills or learn new ones. We offer help to people who want to: Improve reading, writing and spelling Improve...
Highlife Highland: Adult Learning (Literacies): Ross and CromartyFree confidential tuition is provided on a one to one or on a small group basis to improve skills or learn new ones. We offer help to people who want to: Improve reading, writing and...
Jobcentre Plus Ross and CromartyJobcentre Plus is an executive agency of the Department for Work and Pensions. It is responsible for assisting people of working age find jobs through its network of Jobcentre Plus offices. It is also responsible...