Young Writers’ Programme Opportunities
Moniack Mhor has an extensive programme for young people. No matter what stage you are at with your writing or what age you are, we can help.
How to get involved –
- Residential courses – Take time out to write and meet other creative young people in a beautiful, cosy setting.
- The ‘Written World’ – Explore the lush Abriachan Forest, then use the inspiration to write.
- Writing Clubs – Make writing social by starting a club near you.
- Steering group – Shape the future of the Young Writers’ Programme by sharing your voice.
- Mentoring – Work one-to-one with a published writer to glean advice and learn tricks of the trade.
- Work experience & Volunteering (from the age of 14 upwards) – Gain valuable work skills and experience life in an arts career.
- Activity Agreements & Personal Learning Plans – Piece together a personal activity programme to move toward your writing goals.
- Pathways to Further Learning – Learn what options you have within Scotland’s thriving writing community.
- Young Writers Online – Join a budding online community of young writers who share their work and writing experiences. Published authors will regularly review writing, post exercises and advice.
- Visit our blog to find out about our weekly newsletter and inspiring writing exercises
If you are interested in finding out more, please email our Youth Programme Manager, Kelsey, with some information about yourself.
ESOL Classes, InvernessHighlife Highland run a variety of ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) classes for all ages and abilities. Classes will suit: Pre-Beginner – No English Beginner – Some basic English communication skills Access ...
Pulteneytown People’s ProjectPulteneytown People’s Project (PPP) is a community group which provides services and support for everyone in East Caithness. From newborn babies to senior citizens, PPP offers classes, groups and programmes aimed at helping people reach...
Green Tree Arts StudioGreen Tree Arts Studio is a creative hub providing an ideal space whether you are starting out on a therapeutic journey, wishing to reignite your creativity or continue to develop your artistic interests. Green Tree...
English for speakers of other Languages (ESOL Classes)What do we offer? ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) are basically English lessons for anyone who is not a native English speaker. There are general everyday communications, conversational classes, work or study related...
Nairn Work ClubAre you looking for a job? Do you live in the Nairn area? Need assistance in creating/updating a CV? If so, come along to the Nairn Job Club starting on Wednesday 11th October from ...
Highlife Highland: Adult Learning (Literacies): CaithnessFree confidential tuition is provided on a one to one or on a small group basis to improve skills. We offer help to people who want to: Improve reading, writing and spelling Improve counting, calculating...
Highlife Highland: Adult Learning (Literacies): LochaberFree confidential tuition is provided on a one to one or small group basis to improve skills or learn new ones. We offer help to people who want to: Improve reading, writing and spelling Improve...
Jobcentre Plus Ross and CromartyJobcentre Plus is an executive agency of the Department for Work and Pensions. It is responsible for assisting people of working age find jobs through its network of Jobcentre Plus offices. It is also responsible...