Back to the Easy Read main menu... Visit A Home of my Own in the directory... Download/Save the printable Easy Read pdf (3.6mb)

A Home of My Own

image 1

Some young people are happy to stay with their families.

Some parents want them to leave. Some parents do not.

image 1

Often they want to be independent and stay with people their own age.

image 1

Some young people want to leave home.

image 1

If you are thinking about leaving home you can get advice and practical help from a Social Worker.

There are people who can help if you do not have a home.

image 1

They can tell people that you want a home of your own and make a housing application.

There are lots of things to think about like:

  • Looking after your money.
  • Buying food at the shops.
image 1

There are people who help you live in your own home. These are called Housing Support Providers.

image 1

Sometimes they can arrange the help you might need to live there.

a a a a a
Work Experience
Please Note: There will be some instances where funding will be required to access a service listed in this directory. Application for this requires to be made following appropriate Highland Council and/or NHS assessment for Adult Services and consequent resource allocation procedures. Further information on accessing services can be obtained from your local Adult Services Team.