What do we offer?
Great ideas can come from anywhere. In fact, you might not know it yet, but you could have a business, invention or big idea. That's why Prince's Trust has teamed up with Innovate UK to help you get your ideas into reality.
Ideas often come from seeing the world a bit differently, spotting a solution to a problem that no-one else can see, or simply being open minded.
- Seen something in your local community you want to change or make better?
- Thought of a new way to use technology to fix an everyday problem?
- Got an idea of a new way to tackle an environmental issue?
Or maybe you just come up with ideas all the time and don’t know what to do with them.
You might not know what to do with your idea yet, or where to start, but that’s where we come in. In partnership with Innovate UK, the UK government’s innovation support organisation, we want to inspire and support more young adults between 18-30 in turning their ideas, whether big or small, into a reality.
We know this might sound daunting, but through our Enterprise Online programme we have all the tools, access to mentors and even funding that can help you find the business potential in your idea. You’ll also have the opportunity to access content on innovation, developed by Innovate UK, and find out more about how you could take part in Innovate UK’s Young Innovators' programme.
Your idea might not only solve a problem that you face and allow you to be your own boss, but also make the community and the world around you a better place.
So, don’t let that idea go! #IdeasMeanBusiness
Who can apply?
Aged 18 - 30? Not in education, employment or training? Under-employed and looking to get into enterprise or entrpreneurship? Then take the first step.
Click HERE to complete a form to check if you're eligible for Enterprise Online and see how we can find the potential in your ideas
What can you achieve?
The ‘Young Innovators’ programme of support includes:
- 12 Regional Innovation Live events across the UK in early January - March 2018 (There will be an event in Glasgow at TIC on 11th January 2018, including inspirational speakers etc. to learn more about innovation tools and support)
- Award competition opening in February 2018
- Award package being presented in March 2018
The award package will include:
- An allowance to cover living costs (similar to an apprenticeship)
- 1:1 coaching and mentoring from an Innovation Champion
- For those who don’t win an award package, you will still have access to the Innovation Module and support offered by Enterprise Online.
Can I get a training allowance?
If you are eligible for an award package you will receive an allowance to cover living costs and a pot of funding to support specific requirements, e.g. travel to meet customers/partners, attending relevant training courses, equipment, hiring office space and IT support
Who do I contact to find out more?
Visit our website to check eligibility to access Enterprise Online and to find out more.