Volunteer with Canal College download pdf

Volunteer with Canal College

Help young people discover a brighter future!  Volunteer mentors needed in Inverness. 

Are you over 16 years of age with time available to help young people reach their full potential and get on the path to work?
If you can spare a day or two a week, join our team on our trailblazing canal college outdoors on the Caledonian Canal in Inverness.  No specific skills are required to be a canal college mentor and help young people, who haven’t been able to get a job or place in further education, learn a raft of new heritage and environment skills and improve their prospects for a brighter future. We are looking for mentors who can be patient, supportive and encourgaging.

  • Do you have the skills to help us teach landscaping, tree and vegetation management, stonework, conservation, archaeology, trail creation, engineering or maintenance?
  • Can you help us encourage a good understanding of the many job opportunities within the heritage and environment sectors or how these skills might transfer to other roles?
  • Perhaps you can help our young people develop confidence, improve their self-esteem and develop the softer skills needed to behave and flourish in a work environment?

For further information see our attached leaflet below or contact Nicky on:

Email: nicky@scottishwaterwaystrust.org.uk
Telephone: 07789943108


file Scottish_Waterways_Trust_Info_2017.pdf

Canal College Mentoring Leaflet

Further information and contact details

Street Address: Seaport Marina, Muirtown Wharf, Inverness, IV3 5LE

Telephone: 07789943108

Email: nicky@scottishwaterwaystrust.org.uk

Website: www.scottishwaterwaystrust.org.uk

a a a a a
Work Experience
Please Note: There will be some instances where funding will be required to access a service listed in this directory. Application for this requires to be made following appropriate Highland Council and/or NHS assessment for Adult Services and consequent resource allocation procedures. Further information on accessing services can be obtained from your local Adult Services Team.