VISION 2020 UK is an umbrella organisation which facilitates greater collaboration and co–operation between organisations within the UK which focus on visual impairment and operate on a national, regional or international basis – VISION 2020 UK is a supporting member of the VISION 2020 Global Initiative.
VISION 2020 UKs objectives are:
- To prevent avoidable blindness
- To improve the quality of services to visually impaired people
- To improve the training available to professionals providing advice and services
- To improve communication between organisations within the VI Sector
- To improve the availability of information to visually impaired people
- To ensure that the voices of the visually impaired are heard when planning services and their opinions sought on key issues affecting their lives
- To raise public awareness of the issues and problems relating to sight loss
In addition to the above, VISION 2020 UK will seek to provide a unified response on key issues affecting visually impaired people and to provide visual impairment sector representatives for consultation groups, working parties and project groups.
For the Scottish Strategy see link: Scotland