Seashell Trust download pdf

Seashell Trust

Royal College Manchester is situated in Cheadle, Stockport and is a wonderful place to learn. We offer day and residential courses to students aged between 19 and 25 years with a broad range of communication difficulties, including hearing impairment/limited or /oral language communication and severe/complex learning difficulties.

Specialist programmes, support learners with dual sensory impairment and severe/ profound learning difficulties, learners whose primary need is autism and learners who are deaf or who have communication difficulties. 

Specialist teaching facilities include a fully inclusive Karten centre; accessible life skills room, dark room, sensory room, quiet place and  individual work rooms.     Each teaching base is designed to effectively support group and individual work stations. The acoustic and visual environment has been designed to be comfortable for learners who experience hypo/hypersensitivity to sound and vision.                                                

There are specialist facilities on campus including sports hall, an inclusive fitness suite, swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, horticulture workshop, gamelan and dance studio. Students also make great use of the local community.  We offer an extended curriculum, with structured activities in the evenings, weekends and in the college holidays to support the development of independence and life skills and to offer choices to meet their interests.


Website contact form:

Further information and contact details

Street Address: Bernie White, Head of College, Seashell Trust, Stanley Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, SK8 6RQ

Telephone: 0161 610 0120

Secondary Telephone: 0161 610 0100

Fax: 0161 610 0101



a a a a a
Work Experience
Please Note: There will be some instances where funding will be required to access a service listed in this directory. Application for this requires to be made following appropriate Highland Council and/or NHS assessment for Adult Services and consequent resource allocation procedures. Further information on accessing services can be obtained from your local Adult Services Team.