Grants in Scotland are cash grants of up to £300 to help young people move into education, training or employment.
Funding is available for young people who need support with course fees, equipment, work clothing etc.
Young people can apply if:
- Aged 14–16 in compulsory education and not expecting to achieve five Standard Grades at Credit Level including English and Maths.
- Aged 16-25 and not in education, training or employment (or working less than 16 hours a week)
Our priority is to help young people who are:
- Educational underachievers
- Long term unemployed
- Offenders and ex-offenders
- In or leaving care
- Asylum seeker, refugee or from black and minority ethnic groups.*
*Funding has been donated by the Islamic Development Bank and Department of Communities and Local Government.
How does it work?
Eligible young people are invited to meet face to face with a Prince’s Trust Awards Assessor to discuss their Award and to fill out an application which will then be sent to a Prince’s Trust Awards panel for a decision. The whole process can take up to 8 weeks so applications should be made well in advance, if possible.
For further information: GET IN TOUCH HERE