Employability Fund - Skills Development Scotland download pdf

Employability Fund - Skills Development Scotland

The Employability Fund was introduced on the 1st April 2013 and brings together earlier National Training Programmes such as: Get Ready for Work, Lifeskills, Training for Work, Targeted Pathways to Apprenticeships and the New College Learning Programme.   It is managed by Skills Development Scotland.

It provides a more flexible, outcome-focused provision for individuals which is responsive to the needs of employers and local labour markets. The main aim of the employability fund provision is to increase core skills, employability skills, increase work experience and gain employability related qualifications. Training is offered at Stage 2, Stage 3 and Stage 4 of the Strategic Skills Pipeline.  Referrals for this programme are made through Skills Development Scotland, Job Centre Plus if you are registered with them or by contacting the provider directly.  You can also self-refer to some of the opportunities, but speak to the provider in the first instance.

The providers in Highland include:

  • 20/20 Clearview Ltd
  • Barnardos
  • Calman Trust Ltd
  • Lifeskills Centres Ltd
  • Nigg Skills Academy
  • Pulteneytown People's Project
  • The Shirlie Project
  • Working Rite
  • Inverness College UHI
  • North Highland College
  • West Highland College

Provision is offered for different age groups including 16-17, 18-24 and 25+ years.  You may be entitled to a young person's training allowance of £55 per week or an equal amount to your state benefits if you are registered with Job Centre Plus.

See the summary of provision in Highland - Training Opportunities in Highland

a a a a a
Please Note: There will be some instances where funding will be required to access a service listed in this directory. Application for this requires to be made following appropriate Highland Council and/or NHS assessment for Adult Services and consequent resource allocation procedures. Further information on accessing services can be obtained from your local Adult Services Team.