Cantraybridge College download pdf

Cantraybridge College

What do we offer?

Cantraybridge College is a specialised residential and day college for young adults with additional support needs.  We provide intensive support and training to enable you to reach your full potential.

Training is provided in agriculture, horticulture, small animals & aviary, woodwork, estate maintenance and cafe skills. Our cafe is open to the public Monday - Friday 10am - 3pm. We also instruct in basic adult education and are an approved SVQ centre.  By participating in our training you will enhance your opportunities to find future employment.

We also offer an ISF brokerage service and employability programme. 

Who can apply?

If you are a young adult aged between 16 and 30 with additional support needs a placement may be offered to you.  You would need to speak to us in the first instance to check availability and eligibility.  Placements can, in some instances, be funded through self-directed support.

Placements can be offered to individuals from Highland, Western Isles, Orkney Isles and also out-with Highland area, as we have the option to offer a residential placement.

What can you achieve?

You will be enabled to gain Rural Skills and SVQ qualifications in agriculture, horticulture, small animals & aviary or woodwork.
You will also develop life skills and will be given support to get involved in a work experience placement.

Can I get a training allowance?

You may be entitled to remain on DWP benefits such as Employment and Support Allowance if you are in registered with the Job Centre, but speak to your Adviser in the first instance.

Who do I contact to find out more?

You can contact the College directly for further information or speak to our Transitions Worker on 01667 493500 or Email:

Further information and contact details

Street Address: No. 3 Cantray Square, Croy, Inverness, IV2 5PP

Telephone: 01667 493 500

Fax: 01667 493 570



a a a a a
Please Note: There will be some instances where funding will be required to access a service listed in this directory. Application for this requires to be made following appropriate Highland Council and/or NHS assessment for Adult Services and consequent resource allocation procedures. Further information on accessing services can be obtained from your local Adult Services Team.