What do we offer at Stage 4?
Employability Fund Stage 4 provides the opportunity to develop further specific skills for employment, national qualifications, or support to gain work experience. As an employer we are able to work with you in a real work setting, which may lead to employment in one of our own businesses, or may help you to identify the type of employment you would like. Our specialist staff have good relationships with local employers, and can help you to find the work that suits your skills and abilities.
Who can apply?
This programme is suitable for anyone who is aged 16+ and is not in education, training or employment.
What can you achieve?
We offer a range of SCQF and SQA accredited qualifications to suit your needs. These qualifications could include workplace and core skills, Youth Achievement Awards and customer service or retail skills depending on your interests.
Although trainees can progress into this programme from having successfully completed the ‘Certificate of Work Readiness’ award, this programme is designed to meet the needs of anyone out of work that requires an industry-recognised certificate that will encourage employers to consider them for interview and employment. Duration varies depending on the choice of certificate. Joining this programme will provide access to any one of the following expanding range of certificates on offer:
- Food Hygiene Certificate (Level 2)
- Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate
- Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
- Work Effectively in your Retail Team 2 (SQA National Certificate Unit)
Could I get a training allowance?
You may be eligible to receive a weekly training allowance of £55 or to receive an amount equal to your benefit allowance if you are registered with the Job Centre.
Who do I contact to find out more?
- You can phone, email, or pop into our Calman Centres in Inverness or Invergordon - details below
- If you are aged 16 or 17 you can speak to your local Skills Development Scotland Office for further information
- If you are registered with the Job Centre, speak to your Job Centre Advisor