Association of National Specialist Colleges download pdf

Association of National Specialist Colleges

Natspec is the membership association for independent specialist colleges that provide further education or training for learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.

These learners tend to have more complex or additional disabilities, so that their learning and support needs cannot be best met in their local college.

Most colleges are residential, enabling students to learn independent living skills in real life settings.

All colleges offer a range of work experience and where appropriate prepare learners for work.

There are a number of colleges in the north of England; they can be found in the directory section of the Natspec website.

If you are a parent/carer with a query about a placement, please contact:

To request a Natspec directory please contact:
Queen Alexandra College
0121 428 5050 /

Derwen College
01691 661234 /

Further information and contact details

Street Address: Natspec, c/o Derwen College, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 3JA

Telephone: 01179 232 830



a a a a a
Work Experience
Please Note: There will be some instances where funding will be required to access a service listed in this directory. Application for this requires to be made following appropriate Highland Council and/or NHS assessment for Adult Services and consequent resource allocation procedures. Further information on accessing services can be obtained from your local Adult Services Team.