Action for Children Scotland’s Gael Og services provide a wide range of support services for children, young people and adults in the Highlands.
- advisory services
- services that focus on encouraging young people to take part in sport and healthy activities
- mentoring – one–to–one support for young people experiencing problems with drugs and alcohol
- intensive support and guidance to extremely vulnerable young people
- fostering services for children who cannot live with their birth families
- intensive community based group and one–to–one services for vulnerable adults
We have tailored these innovative services to help us to achieve our main aim: To ensure the best outcomes for the children, families and communities across the North of Scotland.
We work in partnership with many organisations and individuals in the Highlands including voluntary agencies, local authorities, churches, businesses, staff and people who use our services.
(Gael Og is Gaelic for Young Highlander)