Volunteering Opportunities throughout Highland with Aberlour

We are looking to recruit a number of volunteers to work with children, young people and families in Highland.

We have opportunities in Ross-shire, Tain, Inverness and Fort William for Volunteer Befrienders

Aberlour have a new service based in Ross-shire called Sustain and we are looking for volunteer befrienders to work with children and families. Could you spend regular time with a child or family, sharing a hobby or activity on a fortnightly basis? If you have a genuine interest in the wellbeing of children and families and live in Ross-shire we would love to hear from you.

What will you be doing?

  • Making a difference in a child or young person’s life
  • Spending regular time with a child or young person
  • Supporting them when difficulties arise
  • Sharing an activity/hobby
  • Attending activities
  • Completing a diary after each visit
  • Attending regular support sessions
  • Contributing to service assessments through support

What skills can I bring to this role?

  • A genuine interest in the well-being of children and young people
  • A few hours to spare each week
  • Reliability and discretion
  • Friendly and approachable
  • Non-judgemental attitude
  • Good communication and listening skills
  • Responsible and dependable

When will I be needed?

Befrienders will spend a 2-4 hours each week/fortnight with the child or young.  As our children / young people will be at school, outings will generally take place in the evenings or at weekends

For further information:
Ross-shire Opportunity - Volunteer Befriender Ross-shire      
Tain. Inverness, Fort William Opportunity - Volunteer Befriender Tain,Inverness, Fort William   


file Aberlour_Befriending_Poster.pdf August 08, 2017
file Aberlour_Children__Families.pdf August 08, 2017

Posted by Editor on 8 August 2017 at 13:21

a a a a a
Work Experience
Please Note: There will be some instances where funding will be required to access a service listed in this directory. Application for this requires to be made following appropriate Highland Council and/or NHS assessment for Adult Services and consequent resource allocation procedures. Further information on accessing services can be obtained from your local Adult Services Team.