A focused, driven individual, with an attention to detail and the ability to work on their own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team. Our successful candidate will find every day is different. You will need good verbal and communications skills to excel in this role. You will also have good organisational skills, good timekeeping and a willingness to learn. In return you will gain experience of providing administrative support to a team of engineers as well as experience with a wide variety of industry specific file management systems.
In addition, you will be an integral part of the team that delivers stakeholder engagement and consultation programmes targeting the public, community/business leaders, and elected representatives to support the delivery of complex infrastructure projects. A flexible combination of clerical, administrative and project-based support is required together with a positive, enthusiastic and pro-active approach.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
Jacobs apprenticeships provide you an opportunity to gain real-world, practical experience in your area of expertise, while helping us meet our future leaders and innovators. Jacobs wants you to gain experience early, grow your skills while still in college, and develop a career with us from the start. We believe you have talent and value that is critical to our growth and success.
Working in a fast-paced, professional setting can give you invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
What will I learn?
• Coordinate team health and safety responsibilities, assist in the preparation of risk assessments, method statements and safe travel plans;
• Provide database support (Jacobs will provide training in our bespoke TrackRecord system);
• Look after document control, issuing of documents and versioning (Jacobs will provide training in Projectwise);
• Carry out day to day office administrative functions to ensure all records and files are maintained and held securely, and that confidentiality of information is upheld;
• Under supervision, assist in the preparation of documentation for stakeholder meetings, including accompanying engineers as a scribe;
• Assist with project administration duties such as recording of time approvals, data and processing invoicing;
• Manage incoming communication and associated data input using internal IT systems; ensuring that they are dealt with in a timely, professional, confidential and courteous manner;
• Enter data using various IT systems;
• Assisting in the arrangement of public exhibitions;
• Ordering of office supplies;
What qualification or qualities are required?
• 3 National 5s including English and Maths, passing at grade C or better (plus an Inverness College UHI IT test)
Apply for this apprenticeship
Think this is the right apprenticeship for you? Click here for more info and to apply.
Posted by Hi-hope Admin on 26 September 2018 at 15:16