Working with in the nursery on a daily basis completing practical work and building your knowledge. You will be assigned a personal Training Officer who will identify your starting point and will help you set individual targets to complete your framework. Your Training Officer will plan your learning with you, then judge your knowledge and performance against the national standards.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
1. Actively work towards the modern apprenticeship framework provided by Busy Bees with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe.
2. Be enthusiastic and proactive in developing own skills within the workplace
3. Be involved in the planning and prioritising of the activities and progress in the room in order to create and develop a stimulating environment in line with the current curriculum
4. Assist with the delivery of a high level of quality childcare whilst maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff.
5. Assist with the day to day running of the room
6. Communicate with their line Manager regarding the activities and progress within the room.
7. Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
What will I learn? The apprenticeship will provide learners with the skills to work with children aged 0-5 year olds and increases their knowledge of 0-18 year olds.
You will also complete a SVQ3 in Social Services (Children and Young People). What qualification or qualities are required? No previous qualification or experience is necessary.
You will need to have a passion for childcare and be committed to your own career development.
Use this link to apply now: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/vacancy-details/?refCode=116130
Posted by DYW I&C on 25 June 2018 at 13:12