The aim of the Development Awards is to help remove barriers that young people are facing which may be stopping them from getting into a job, training or further education.
Participants can receive a cash award of between £50 and £500 to help undertake education, training or enhance their ability to gain employment.
A Prince’s Trust volunteer will also support the young person in setting goals, making decisions and finding other programmes or support.
Previous awards have included help towards gaining new skills such as computing skills, tools critical for your job and production of a portfolio to present at interviews.
To be eligible for this scheme you must be a UK resident aged 14-25 who:
- is part of The Trust’s four target groups - unemployed, young people underachieving in education, young people leaving care, young offenders or ex-offenders.
- have education, training or work-related goals
Awards can take up to 6 weeks to process so applications should be made well before the award is needed.
The following are not eligible:
- Formal or informal groups or organisations
- Gap year or overseas projects
- Medical treatment
- Course fees that are far above the £500 funding limit
- Costs associated with NVQ Level 4, HNC, HND, degree or post-grad courses or courses of an equivalent level.
For further information see: Development Awards