Connecting Carers provides information, support and training to unpaid carers and young carers across Highland.
Connecting Young Carers recognise the needs of young people in caring roles. We work pro-actively and effectively to achieve better outcomes for young carers. In partnership with others we work to ensure that young carers are seen, heard and supported to develop their skills, confidence and self-esteem, helping them reach their full potential.
Connecting Young Carers support unpaid carers and young carers towards achieving the following outcomes:
- Young carers receive information, resources and support to enable them to maintain an effective and appropriate caring role.
- The health, education and social care workforce is well informed, knowledgeable, trained and skilled in identifying young carers, meeting their needs and engaging with them as partners in care.
To ensure that young carers are seen, heard and supported.
Connecting Carers has lots going on all over the Highlands. Our support groups are a great way to meet other unpaid carers and share knowledge and experience.
- Dingwall Carers Group - The Dingwall support group meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month from 7pm to 9pm in St Clements Church Hall, Dingwall, IV15 9SB.
- Inverness Carers Group - The Inverness carers drop-in happens every Tuesday in Inverness Library, Farraline Park, Inverness, IV1 1NH from 10am to 12pm.
- Dornoch Carers Group - The drop-in is held The West Church Hall, Sutherland Road, Dornoch, IV25 3SD. Carers are invited to drop by and enjoy coffee, tea and biscuits and chat to other carers, 3rd Thursday of the month, 12.30 – 2.30.
- Aviemore & Strathspey Carers Group - First Wednesday of the month at the Aviemore British Legion, Burnside Road, Aviemore, PH22 1SQ from 10am – 12pm. Carers and their cared for person are welcome to pop in for a lovely cake and a friendly chat.
- Thurso Carers Drop In - The drop-in is held above the Cancer Research shop, in premises loaned by the North Highland Cancer Information and Support Group. Carers are invited to drop by and enjoy coffee, tea and biscuits and chat to other carers. Second Tuesday of the month from 1pm-3pm
- Nairn Carers Group meets at the Nairn Dunbar Golf Club, Lochloy Road, Nairn, IV12 5AE on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 2.00 – 3.30
- Fort William Carers Group meets on the 2nd Monday of every month at the Library, 2 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AU from 11.00 – 1.00 pm
- Mallaig & Moidart Carers Group meets in Arisaig’s Astley Hall, Arisaig on the last Tuesday of every second month from 11.00 – 1.00 pm.
For more information on any of the Carer Groups please contact us - details below.
Our Carer Support Line number is 01463 723560