Beat is the leading UK wide charity providing information, help and support for people affected by eating disorders – anorexia, bulimia nervosa, obesity and binge eating disorder.
Beat services and support include:
- Helplines: national telephone, e–mail and text helplines.
- Self Help: UK wide network of groups run by volunteers.
- Information: via their website – leaflets and literature for individuals and organisations as well as details and contacts for treatment services in the UK.
- Training: courses and conferences for health, education and social care staff.
- Research: support for academic and clinical studies, and research trials.
Details of local contacts are freely available to callers ringing our helplines.
Youthline (Aged 25 or younger):
0845 634 7650 Text: 07786 20 18 20
Mon – Fri 1.30pm - 4.30pm
0845 634 1414
Mon – Fri 10.30am - 6.30pm
If you would like a call back, send us the text message 'call back'. We aim to get back to you within 24 hours and during Youthline open hours.