Brook Highland provides free and confidential sexual health services for young people under 25 living in Highland.
- Counselling on any aspect of sexuality, relationships, sex, or pregnancy.
- Advice and information on protection from a sexually transmitted infection (STI), or an unintended pregnancy.
- Free condoms
- Sexually transmitted infection testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV.
- Contraceptive advice and free contraception including pill, injection and implant.
- Emergency contraception (often called 'morning after pill')
- Pregnancy testing
Brook Highland services are open to all young people, and staff are welcoming and friendly.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the end of clinics.
For information on sexual health the ‘Ask Brook’ online service is available via our website, text (07717 989023 - standard SMS rates) and live webchat (IM) is available. This service can become very busy. We do our best to see you as soon as possible but please be aware there can be long waiting times. Saturday clinics tend to be less busy. It is advisable to phone the clinic to make sure a Nurse is available and check how busy we are. If you would like an implant you will need to see a Nurse for a consultation and will then come back for an appointment where your implant will be fitted.
If you would prefer an appointment you can go to your GP or Highland Sexual Health run various clinics across Highland e.g. Raigmore Hospital, Invergordon, Fort William, Wick, Thurso (01463 888300).